What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cosmetics

While experimenting with the lambda sensor, I had more or less tinkered an adaptor to the old exhaust. Not beautiful, but functional. With a used exhaust offered from a friend, I took the opportunity to change for a permanent installation. It's an original Westfield can, but I had to weld a lambda boss to it and made a few other mods prior to mounting.
The pic shows the close to finished work in comparison with the old exhaust tube. I have to weld the rear support for the can but haven't started the engine yet. Curious to know how it sounds with the new can.
Funny enough, there is a part numbers match between the can and the manifold I purchased four years ago from another seven driver (16521 to be found both on the can and the manifold).
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment