What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

"She will live"... well... hopefully !

Last Friday I got news from the insurance expert and although I haven't received the official report, the offer appears to be quite fair. The weekend was long enough to take a decision and I will (try to) rebuild my car. A box large enough in a storage depot half an hour away was booked and this morning, the ACL towing service transfered the car.
Arrival at it's temporary home.
Ready for dismantling.
Some of the bent parts after the first couple of hours.
From left to right, wheel carrier looks ok, lower shock absorber eye ripped off, lower pivot bent, upper wishbone and lower wishbone bent, on top bent steering column. Some more damaged parts still in the car.
The rest of the week I have to work abroad and will not be able to work on the car.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment