What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

MoT (SNCT) - fail

The car didn't get approval from the technical authorities. The reasons are not severe. Two minor points not leading to failure, but mentioned on the report, are
- field of view (rock chips in wind screen)
- oil leakage ... also known as territory marking
The two important points are
- toe-in
- fuel leakage
The latter had been checked several times and I couldn't find any leakage. But then I filled the tank and drove the car and it showed that some of the connections on the tank are not consistent. I'll check that and will use some teflon tape to remedy.
Although I tried to set toe-in by myself, I didn't succeed. To be sure I will leave this job to a professional.
All in all the car is not very drivable concerning the suspension. It is very hard and follows every little bump and rut. Prior to set the toe-in, I will mount other springs with 200lbs/in rate. The oil temperature sender is dodgy as well and shows absurd values (46°C when cold, increasing up to 999°C).
Not yet finished, but close. Considering what else I changed on the car, I'm quite satisfied.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment