What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New vs. Old

Is there ever something "new"? I mean, really new never seen before complete new invention? I wonder. While preparing my car for a modern electronic fuel injection managed with an ECU, I surf the web to find similar installations for further inspiration how to do mine. And now I found this: an after-market mechanical fuel injection system for my car from the sixties !!! The firm producing it was Tecalemit. Even if it doesn't feature all the tweaks and features of modern technology, it has been there way ahead. Great ! Lucky me I didn't discover this before ordering the modern system, I might have been tempted... Some are offered now more or less complete from different engines, mostly race (formula sports, drag race, and they have been fitted to one of my all time favourite cars, the Ford GT40). Nowadays, people who restore historic race cars pay a lot of money to get one.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment