What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wheelstuds

Annoying... Driving alone, there's no problem with the rear tires. The best part being to share this pleasure, I have to admit that the rear 225/45R15 are a little bit too large when taking along a passenger. Especially with the wheelspacers (25mm per side) I added when I ran the 195'ers. On some occasions, they rub in the wheel arches, mostly in right hand corners with the suspension completely compressed due to roadway damage. Yesterday I wanted to test how things work when I leave the spacers off but wrecked one of the wheel studs and/or the nut. Now I ordered some new spacers (15mm per side) and new longer studs and nuts. Those nuts are special items to mount Revolution rims (second from right in the pic). Originally, Westfield mounted two different lengths of studs (why?) but I will convert to equal length in the process. Hopefully all the goods will arrive before the weekend.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment