What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Flying loom

After my credit card has recovered from excessive shopping, I went to see what Emerald does. They changed their website and it is of a more modern design now. Content is more accessible and I especially like Dave Walker's workshop area. When surfing the shop, it was good to see that they finally offer variable length intake trumpets. Dave did a lot of experiments with those and published articles based not only on theoretical knowledge, but also delivered plots and graphs he made with a dummy motor on the bench. Great work! I also found a flying loom with according ECU connector and that will simplify life a lot when re-engineering the loom is scheduled. Mandatory wires are pre-installed, the other wires come prepared with the pins already soldered/crimped. At 70.-£ it's not a luxury item (as others I have to admit) regarding the hours spent on cabling.
Tonight I will finish grinding and the first coat of primer. I checked for the result the day after painting 2/3 from the front and the result is very good.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment