What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lambda practical (4)

As Karl from Emerald predicted, the settings were all over the place ... for whatever reason. To exclude one possible troublemaker, I inserted a 100 Ohm resistor in line with the lambda signal from the Innovate controller. The Hella timing light didn't work anymore, after a quick jump to one of my favourite tool providers I came back with this Gunson Xenon Timing Light. Works!
Then I started to reconfigure all the settings. Some of them are easily made, others have to be calculated, like the distance in degrees between crank position sensor, missing tooth and 0° timing mark.
This value is then entered into the 'crank sensor options' menu. Once the engine was running with the correct data, I checked the timing with the timing light. The 80° setting gave 0° on tickover.
To do the settings, I use a Terra Windows tablet with a Keysonic keyboard. This gives me the flexibility to display the live readings when I drive around combined with a keyboard to enter data comfortably. One of the disadvantages of the Emerald is that values have to be altered in different ways (arrows, keys or directly through a keyboard). This makes a keyboard almost essential. The 9pin connector now feeds data to the tablet through an angled metal housing.
Lambda reading works, but I have to wait for better weather to drive around and do some more settings.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment