What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Washer

The yearly technical vehicle control gets trickier from year to year. Fella drivers report that you have to prove the screen washer is operational. Well ... I didn't have one. My car has no roof and I rarely drive with diving goggles. But the car got to have one so I bought one during the Techno-Classica in Essen (Germany). It is a repro from Lucas and has a big advantage: the pump is mounted on top of the receptacle and the whole thing can be removed with the bespoke bracket staying in the car. This means I can drive around without it all year and only mount it for the tech test. Just a little electrics to be done and a small water hose from the pump to the jet.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment