What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Centre console in leather

It took even more time to cover the centre console, although it's smaller. The result looks ok but the chrome ring around the LUCAS switch is not large enough to cover the uneven cut I made. I painted the aluminium black where it appeared but will look for a larger ring.
Centre console in situ.
Inner panel fixed with black rivets, passenger's side now almost finished.
Inner and outer panel are fixed with the same rivets, so I had to mount both. The panel looks awful in this photo and I hope I can get it shiny again when I finish the car.
New Corbeau Clubman seat vs. old. Those are very narrow (38cm), but the backrest lever has to be modified to make them fit, such small is the old Westfield chassis.
Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Ech hunn gesinn dass Lenkrad eng QuickRelease huet, waat soen do Kollegen vun Sandweiler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do kënnt nach e plastiks Cache driwwer, mee et get jo och Autoen déi dat original hun (zB Morgan).

      Delete