What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cleaning the valves

The cylinder head and one of the valves are at ANG for a new lease of life. Their verdict was quite ok, so I left everything there for them to do some work on the valve gear:
- the crack is not critical, there is enough space around for the gasket to keep it sealed
- the seats are not for lead-free and don't have a three-angle cut
- the copper insert that came out is a K-Liner and they don't like them at ANG (neither do I)
I decided to go for new guides instead of fumbling around with K-Liners, and new seats. Today I cleaned all the valves, springs, retainers and cotters to bring them to their workshop on Monday.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment