What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Front brakes

The fitted master brake cylinder didn't work for long. I had to pump more and more to get pressure and at some point I had to change it. Although the found Ford Fiesta item wasn't a direct fit, it was almost perfect and could be mounted with some minor changes. Since that day I had a functionning brake, but the pedal was quite hard. I drove the car for some time but already with upgraditis on my mind. Then I got aware of the Hispec brakes and ordered 4-piston brakes with M16-lugs and bolt pattern. A perfect fit, and with the bigger piston surface, the pedal wasn't as hard anymore. Ferodo DS2500 pads only need a little warm-up. The braking performance is just great. Every caliper weighs less than one kilo, which is around three kilos less than the original Cortina/Taunus calipers. In all a six kilo unsprung weight saving. I will keep the drums at the rear wheels, an upgrade to discs is unnecessary.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment