What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Brake circuit - design start

Not as easy as expected. Bolt on the pedal box, bleed the brakes and off we go? Naaaah ... Some more parts ordered at rallynuts.com.
List:
A bigger master cylinder sized 0.750". I expect the pedal not hitting the bulkhead after fitting it.
A new bias bar. I modified the first one for a rigid setup. That was an error! It doesn't work.
A bias valve. If the rear circuit still gets too much pressure, I can set it to lower figures.
I have to admit, when changing the hanging pedals to a floor mounted pedalbox with bias bar and two separate master cylinders, I hadn't learned enough about the brake system to properly design it. Now that I have learned how things work, I want to do it right. I also started to write a complete design report to be published once the circuit completed and ... working!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment