What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy feet

It's hard to imagine, but summer will come. One of the downsides of my car is the heat in the driver's footwell, especially with the big exhaust manifold I have mounted. When I made the new sidepanel, I left a hole in it to chase the hot air out of the car. Now it was time to build the heatshield susceptible to guide the hot air to the hole. So tinsnips out and cut some aly sheet, covered with heat reflective foil.
Fitted after cutting a hole for the steering shaft and bent to suit. Rear view shows how the heatshield should deviate hot air to the outside (hopefully).
Topview shows the whole manifold with the heatshield in place. I will report in summer if it works!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment