What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Crank case breather box

original breather box                               modified aeroquip fuel filter casing

fuel filter casing                                       position on block

breather elbow from Burton

The engine recently started to spill some oil out of the dipstick and the crank case breather box. A known issue with tuned engines running high rpm and big oil pumps and high oil pressure. The internet is full of modifications to remedy this problem. Burton is a supplier for Kent xflow engine aftermarket parts and has some usefull information on their internet site. Since I haven't anything else to order, I was looking for some other solution than the elbow they suggest to use instead of the crank case breather box. By chance, I had a fuel filter lying around with almost the same diameter than the original nozzle going into the engine. After some modification on the lathe, I fabricated my own adapter to which I now can connect an aeroquip aluminium connector and matching oil conduct.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment