What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Crane

Appointment fixed for next week to straighten the chassis, the engine and gearbox must come out. A motor crane is a good thing to do so and RC-Machines has this little thing amongst theirs products. It can lift a ton with the shortest jib and still 250kg with the longest, far enough for a small engine like mine even with the gearbox attached.
The motor positioner helps balancing the weight and allows to keep the engine straight. Putting it in situ I noticed that the carbs could be damaged. Five bolts lesser and they were out of the way. Everything is ready now but I wait for the weekend to have my sons with me to do the demount. I never did it, they never did it, so it will be great fun to do it together... learning by doing. 
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment