What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ready for take-out

The KN Jupiter rims are mine! They have to get a polish before I use them, but for 27 year old aluminium rims, they look very much ok. Back to work after that because I'm still very far away from mounting wheels...
Have a look at this bracket:
I don't know if this is of legal requirement, but I know that without an angle grinder you cannot remove it, and then again you cannot remove the two lower bolts fixing the differential to the chassis. So next time I will take some more tools to the workshop to free the diff.
Chassis now free from
- brake lines
- pedal box
- inner panels
- handbrake
- gear lever
and engine detached ready to be taken out together with the gearbox.
Next move: buying the motor crane!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment