What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Short uncertainty

Although I haven't finished stripping the car (and still waiting for the insurance company to pay), I start to investigate for prices and availability of parts. When asking for new wishbones, a call at Westfield Sportscars made me uncertain whether they may still be available. After sending them all the details and a photo with measurements, the sales person double-checked with other staff members and confirmed they still are produced (pheeew...). They even have a special offer until Christmas for the wide track conversion (see below).
This kit adds 50mm of track width per side (for a total of 100mm) and it's price is even lower than what I would have to pay for the standard track wishbones. Decisions, decisions... I'm nervously looking forward to place that big order and wait for the goods to arrive. Well, patience is not really one of my virtues.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment