What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Best radius found

After two trial bends, I found the best compromise between the jig radius and the flip back response of the aluminium panel (8cm). Therefore, I reduced the radius of the jig in two steps.
Quick and dirty trial fit just to get it in my mind that it's feasable.
Inside view near the filler.
Next time I will bend the opposite corner and then decide wether I will keep this panel or bend a new one. With two millimeters it's a little thicker (and heavier) than the original panel. And with all the trials and handling, there are some minor dents in it. So maybe the final version will be 1 or 1,5mm and hopefully with less scratches.
And an easy one to finish the day with some plumbing work. This is the high pressure pre pump filter which fits between the surge tank and the high pressure fuel pump.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment