What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back back on

 
After a lot of preparation work, the new back panel is on ! Mounting alone took three hours. The panel being readily bent, cut and drilled, I applied Sicaflex on the chassis rails. Immediately after bonding the panel to the chassis, I riveted it on three spots every side while the clamps kept it in place. Then I bent the upper border of the panel over the top chassis rail. I did it in separate sections, but this will not be seen later. The whole border will be covered by patent leather.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment