What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Oilpump knowledge

More oilpump knowledge thanks to 'supernono' (that's his nick in the french sevener forum) who had the sump off his engine and had a look for me where all the lines and channels go from and come to the pump. Valuable details I thankfully add to my blog to share with everybody interested.
The Pace wet sump oilpump has two blanking plates. Those plates can be replaced by connectors to loop in an oil cooler. As I want to run the engine without such a cooler, I can use one of the plates to mount the oil temperature sender for the Stack gauge. The thread is 1/8x27 NPT and is easily cut into the aluminium. You may notice that the fitting is not in the middle of the plate. This is due to the channel inside the pump having a slight angle.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment