What you will find here: Intended to display minor modifications to my Westfield SEi, this blog now witnesses the two year rebuild (and more) after a major crash in October 2011. Have fun and feel free to add a comment at the end of any post.
Best viewed with Firefox

Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Seat panel

With a whole day off, I wanted to do as much as possible. Started  with an easy one, a plug I turned out of brass and which I bonded to the mechanical odometer outlet from the gearbox. With the electronic dash, I will not need it anymore, so I closed it to prevent it spilling oil.
As already fixed to the right side, this is the sibling rail on the driver's side helping to fix the side panel.
This is the aluminium panel behind the seats. The original panel didn't come out easily and I had to bend it too much to save it. So this is the newly made panel (2mm aluminium) which will be covered with fleece.
In above showed panel, you can see four big holes to allow access to some of the suspension bolts. This handy tool allows to cut them easily into all kinds of material.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment